Friday, June 22, 2012

Six months old

Good morning, my sweet baby boy.

Mornings are my favorite time with you.  You wake up every morning squealing and smiling, like you're happy just because it's a new day.  In fact, you get less smiley as the day wears on and you get more tired, but my goodness in the mornings you're so much fun!

Right now I'm watching you try to fit as much of a crinkly wing from a ladybug toy in your mouth as you can.  Absolutely everything you can get your hands on goes in your mouth- toys, fingers, my hair, wires, cables... You're crawling now, have been for a few weeks, and getting faster at it every day.  It still shocks me when I set you down somewhere to go do something, and you're somewhere else when I get back.  Your favorite thing to crawl to and stick in your mouth right now is the rug at the back door...great.  The lovely dirty thing that everyone walks on and tracks things in from outside, THAT'S what you want to touch and feel and scratch and suck on.  Nevermind that I've got oodles of toys scattered all over the living room floor for you, you want the rug.  You do like other toys too, though, and my phone is something that will always get you to crawl across the room quicker than anything else.  Your crawl is so funny and cute!  You push up on your hands and toes (like you're actually going to do a push up) then you flop forward onto your tummy.  You're just now starting to put your knees down now and then and just the other day you started raising a hand to move it.  You raise it way up over your head and then smack it down on the floor (typically is just about the same place it started) but it's progress.  You've always been super active, physically, even when I was pregnant with you, so I suppose the fact that you were crawling at 5 months shouldn't surprise me.

I'm officially home with you, now!   My last day of work was June 1st, 2012, and I am SO happy.  It was so hard to miss your morning time every day, and to only see you for a couple hours at night before you went to bed.  I'm now starting to wonder if it didn't take a toll on my milk supply as well- at your last appointment your doctor said you aren't growing as quickly as he'd like so now I'm back to feeding you 6 or 7 times a day and doing my darndest to drink tons of water and eat enough calories for the both of us. 

You're eating solid foods now!  Well, you can.  I started you out on rice cereal and you got constipated (I'm sure you'll love knowing this when you're 15...) so I stopped for a bit.  I'm going to go buy some avocados and bananas and baby oatmeal  for you today :)

You can sit totally on your own now, but you can't get to a sitting position on your own.  If I prop you up though, you can balance all by yourself!

I've been watching "Felicity" on netflix lately and you love their end credits!  Once the song comes on and the names start scrolling you always turn from whatever you're doing and watch and smile.  Cracks me up.

You are a great sleeper at night, but you are terrible about naps.  I don't usually have a tough time putting you down for a nap, but you wake up so quickly!  BUT I guess as long as you're getting enough sleep, we're good.  You're always happy and smiling, so I guess you're fine.

You are all about blowing raspberries lately!  It super cute, but very messy ;)

I just love you sweet boy.  You're my little buddy and Daddy and I love you SO MUCH!

Love, Mama


3 comments:

  1. Awwwww 6 months is my favorite! :) He is such a happy baby in the pics I see. Dirty rug going on the christmas wish list, teehee. ;) I'm so happy you get to be home and see his smiling face all day, well till it wears down. haha. Hooray for solid food!!! Um is there a video coming of these raspberry blowings???? I loved when Kylie started doing that. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, we want as many video clips as you can stand giving us. :) I love reading all of these. thank you for posting them and sharing him with us. I can see just what you are describing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loooooooove this boy. You're such a sweet mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete