We had our first appointment on Friday (the 27th) at the birthing center. I really liked the midwife we met with (and she used to work with my Aunt Gitta!) :) It was basically like a first appointment anywhere else, lots of questions regarding family and medical history, pelvic exam, pap smear (joy), breast exam, blood pressure, urine sample, blood test, and the most fun part- hearing the baby's heartbeat on the doppler! Although, it took her a while, which scared the living daylights out of me, but she did find it and it was a nice strong 170 bpm :) I asked her if there was any merit to the theory that a fast heartbeat means girl and a slower one means boy. She said that this early in the pregnancy they'll all be fast, but later on that can definitely be a clue. I can't wait to find out! But alas, I have another 8-10 weeks to wait... However, my next appointment is June 23rd.
I'm 12 weeks tomorrow! Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment