Well, I can't fit into my work pants anymore... skirts, dresses, and more skirts it is! I do have a WONDERFUL best friend who gave me a whole box of maternity clothes. I tried on a dress this morning, but it looked ridiculous on me- too long in front (due to my lack of baby belly). The boobs fit though.... :)
My morning sickness has been less lately, which is awesome. I'm still hypersensitive to food images/smells/mentions... (I almost gagged during a Wendy's commercial yesterday when they started cutting chicken breast) so I eat carefully, but I'm not nauseated 24/7 currently, so that's nice.
It's so frustrating to me, because when I look down at my belly in my shirt I think "Oh my gosh! I look so pregnant!" but when I run into people that already know they all say "I see you're not showing yet..." I don't know if they're trying to be nice and make sure I don't feel fat, but I want people to know!!! I'm ready to look like I'm having a baby, instead of like I ate a big lunch!
I'm still exhausted constantly, but I feel like I've almost just grown accustomed to it. I still go to bed before 9 every night (if not before 8) and I grab a nap during my planning period when my duties permit, but I'm not so constantly aware of how tired I feel, so I guess that's good?
I'm MUCH more aware, after 7 weeks of this now, of what I CAN'T have... avoiding caffeine is undoubtedly the hardest, but goodness gracious I want a glass of wine! Plus all the summer beers are out at the grocery store now.... boo. No lunch meat (eh), no raspberry tea, no coffee...add to that all the things I can't stomach... it's like there's nothing left!
However, I'm very glad for the reason I'm having to avoid so many things I love. It will all pay off. I just wish my husband had to pay some too ;)
It isnt bad to have a small amount of caffeine. I've read that you COULD have one 12 oz cup of coffee per day. Seems like a lot still...but a few sips isnt going to hurt if you are craving the taste. What about decaf??
ReplyDelete