Oh goodness, I am VERY behind. Here I thought that going back to work would motivate me to do more blog updates, after all it's much more tempting to dream and write about Baby than to do work on my conference period, right? Well, while that may be true, my hyperorganized tendencies overpowered my desire to daydream and I spent the entire four months planning lessons and prepping (oh my Lord, the prepping...) for my maternity leave. My apologies.
So let's see- my little family is so very blessed. We were graced with six (SIX!) baby showers. Jake and I are so amazed at the generosity of our friends and family. Honestly, all we really had to buy ourselves was paint for the nursery and diapers. That's it! I'm still working on thank you notes, and I imagine I will be until the baby is three...in the meantime, thank you to all of you. We are so very grateful for all your love, friendship, and naturally the gifts as well.
The rest of my third trimester went by without any major complications, but as I'm sure all of you mamas can understand, with considerable discomfort. I told Jake that "discomfort" is just a word pregnant women use to be nice to the people around us- if it wouldn't make everyone awkward around us we would just say "pain". Women spend the last trimester IN PAIN, just not enough to make us cry (unless we happen to be really tired... or hormonal... oh wait...)
I lost what I thought was my mucous plug the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Basically I'd had more discharge than usual and had a little blood in my undies. When I called my midwife she said she thought that was what it was. This of course made me hopeful that I would go into labor early. I was absolutely fine with that because I'd be officially full term (37 weeks) on Thanksgiving. Naturally, I started hoping everyday that of go into labor. This made for a very long three weeks...
Work became an absolute beating, mostly because I was do uncomfortable I couldn't sleep for more than a couple hours at a time before I'd have to wake up to pee or turn over. Jake was wonderful, waiting on me hand and foot, plus he drove me to work 4 days a week for the last three weeks of my pregnancy. He's so wonderful! I worked until I was 39 weeks and 4 days, got to the end of that day (a Monday) and was in tears from sheer exhaustion and "discomfort", walked myself to the principal's office and said I was done. That ended up being a great decision because I had two days to rest at home before I went into labor.
I actually went into labor on my due date, surprisingly enough. That will have to be its own post though. Thanks for reading this far!
No comments:
Post a Comment