My little Miles,
Today you are one month old! Just that mere fact makes me want to cry. You're growing so fast! It seems like just the other day they laid you on my chest and you tried (unsuccessfully) to focus on my face. You were so tiny then.
At your last appointment (which was almost two weeks ago already) you were 9 lbs and 3 oz, and 21 1/2 inches long. You grew an inch and a half in two weeks! Dr. Goff said you were a champion breastfeeder and we could start trying to extend the time between nighttime feedings. Most nights you go 5 hours between feedings, and you're getting closer and closer to 6!
You are doing very well on your schedule and have started to follow it on your own- you'll start to cry just before a scheduled feeding or you'll be wide awake after eating instead of having to be woken up by a diaper change. Daddy and I are so proud of you, how well you're growing and how well behaved you are. We are having to let you cry when you go to bed at night almost every night now, but I think you're learning how to get yourself to sleep. Tonight you didn't make a peep! And you are sleeping so well at night- you go to bed at about 8:30 or 9:00pm and will sleep until 10:00am most mornings (waking up twice to eat, but you go right back to sleep)!
You love your bath. It always relaxes you and makes you content. Tonight you cooed and smiled at me during your bath and didn't stop looking at me the whole time. It made me feel very special :)
You are such a wiggle worm! You can hold your head up really well and are so squirmy sometimes we almost let you fall over! You rolled over once when you were mad about being on your tummy, but I don't think you did it on purpose (you haven't since). You move your arms and legs all over the place when you're laying on the floor playing or looking at things that you like. Your favorite thing to look at is Christmas lights, in fact we haven't put the Christmas tree away yet because you love to look at it so much! (well, partly that, and partly because we're so busy taking care of you!)
You looooooooove your Daddy. His voice almost always calms you down when I can't. He was the first person you smiled at and you love to talk to your Daddy in the mornings. He loves you so much. You're so blessed to have him for a Daddy.
You love to be upright, in fact if someone is holding you, you'd rather be up on their shoulder than cradled in the crook of their arm. Some people don't know how to handle that! :)
You found your thumb when you were just a couple days old, but I have a feeling you were well acquainted before that since we have a sonogram picture of you with your hand in your mouth! You love your paci though. It helps you relax, keeps you content, and helps you calm down and fall asleep.
It's so fun to see your little personality starting to emerge. You're starting to smile at people who smile at you, you talk when you're happy, and you pooch your lips out when you stretch. You almost always want something in your mouth (even right after you've eaten) and will root around until you find something. You snore when you sleep, but I haven't figured out if that's congestion or just the way you sleep. You fuss while I swaddle you but love to be swaddled once I get you wrangled in. You don't like diaper changes and will cry until you're dressed again, but you stop as soon as we get that last button or snap fastened!
I can't wait to see what other traits you'll develop. I love you so much, Little Man. I can't seem to kiss you enough.
~Mama
I love that you are sharing these things! I was thinking just the other day about us playing as little, little girls. When David was born, trips to Fiesta Texas, making up dances to Carmen songs... And now you have this beautiful little boy. How time flies! It makes me teary.... :) I'm so happy for you and I love to read these posts!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I've been missing these updates!!!! Love em!!
ReplyDelete