I'm sure someday when you read these you'll roll your eyes because I'll say it every time but I cannot believe you're already three months old. You've been "twelve weeks" for 6 days now but I've refused to refer to you as three months because I wanted to hold onto two for just a little longer. It's going so fast. So fast...
I think this month went faster because you were busy traveling the country! We went to California the 18th of February through the 23rd to visit your daddy's grandma, your great-grandma Vaught. She turned 96 years old while we were there and she was so overjoyed by you. Her whole countenance would just light up whenever you were brought into the room. You also got to meet mommy's uncle Jeff and cousin Stig and daddy's uncle Lloyd and Aunt Rosa and a lot of Rosa's family (way too many to name).
Then on march 6th we went to Hico to visit my granddaddy, your great-Grandaddy. He was super impressed with how alert and observant you were. He called you "slick" which is his pet name for little boys he loves like grandsons and greatgrandsons. You also got to meet mommy's aunt robin, aunt mary ellen, aunt nancy, and mommy's cousins melissa and joseph.
Then this past week (from march 8-12) we went to Missouri and you got to meet your uncle Greg, Aunt Connie, and daddy's uncle Wilson, cousin Kara and her husband Matt and your 2nd cousin Natalee, plus mommy's friend Shawna, Nana's friend Sue, and your Grandpa Jerry's friends Chuck and Jeb.
That was a lot. It's like I blinked and now we're at three months! This is also hard for me to swallow because I've always known that I have to go back to work when you're three months old. I have less than two weeks left and it makes me very dad and anxious to think of being away from you for 11 hours a day. But, you'll be staying with Daddy or Nene or mommy's Aunt Gitta while I'm at work and I know that they'll take great care of you. Just don't forget who I am ok? And don't grow too much while I'm at work.
You have found your thumbs, that's for sure. You like them so much I've almost given up on fighting it.
You've been sleeping through the night (8:30pm-7:00am) with one "dream feeding" at 10pm since you were 9 weeks old. Hooray!!!
You have sprouted some blonde hairs on the top of your head and they're super cute.
You love to stand on your legs and you're pretty good at it. You also love to kick them. In fact, you kick them do much in the bath that I had to quit using the newborn tub and start bathing you in the kitchen sink. I think you really like the sink, it's deeper so you almost float, plus you sit up in there like a big boy (with Mama's help).
You are almost too big for 0-3 month clothes. I think we'd have a little longer in them of you weren't in big bulky cloth diapers though.
You and I went to a couple "Kindermusik" classes this month. We sang songs and did little dances. You really seemed to like it.
Everybody comments on a what an alert, observant, and calm baby you are and it's true! You are all of those things. You're so super curious that you fuss every time you start to fall asleep and I think it's because you don't want to miss anything.
You're good at tummy time, but you don't really like it and I can't quite figure out why.
You're still very cuddly and I'm doing my best to savor every minute in case when you start crawling you're no longer interested in sitting still long enough to cuddle with mommy. When I hold you on my shoulder you always wrap your arm around my arm and stroke it with your tiny little hand and it's the sweetest thing.
You've also started smiling at me when you're done nursing but still latched on. It's super sweet but rather messy because then the milk just runs out of your mouth and you lay there and essentially play with the boobie while you flirt with mommy. I kinda love it.
And I love you. Every little bit of you my Robert Miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment