Thursday, August 16, 2012

Eight months old

Baby Boy, you are 2/3 of a year old! That is so surreal to me. I guess I'd better start planning your birthday party...

You have been cracking me and Daddy up, lately. You have this little blue green ring that you LOVE. It's one of those rings that's meant to be used to hang toys off of things, but you don't care about the toys, you want the ring! You carry it around with you when you crawl, you bang it on the coffee table, you sit and chew on it, you want to take it everywhere. It's so weird, but it's super cute.  You like the cheapest stuff!  Daddy and I joke that for your birthday we're going to give you dollar door mats, empty ziploc boxes, and empty water bottles, since those seem to be the things that you like best.

I had to come to grips with the fact that I'd been spoiling you since we got back from Missouri and had fallen off the babywise/cry it out wagon.  You were taking TERRIBLE naps and needing more and more rocking, swaying, bouncing, with each nap.  So a couple weeks ago I reinstated cry it out.  IT.  SUCKED.  But your Daddy and I rediscussed why we thought it was the best option, and we pushed through it.  Now, after only a few days, you're back to going down for each nap and bedtime on your own, most of the time with no crying at all.  I just wait for you to yawn, then I give you your paci, take you to your room, put you in your crib and turn on your Led Zeppelin lullaby music :)  You're so awesome, baby boy.  We are so thankful for your sweet demeanor.

Your hair's finally starting to grow out, but mostly in back.  You're starting to get a little baby mullet :)  It's grown out a little over your ears, which drives your dad crazy!  He threatens to cut your hair and I dramatically protest...it's become a "thing".  You look super cute, though.  We agree on that.

You're getting very close to walking, and I'm both excited and scared about it :)  The last few days you've been pushing around an upside down laundry basket and walking behind it.  It's amazing to your daddy and me.

You wave now!  You throw your hand up and then smack it down on your leg, or whatever surface is nearest.  You love to wave to your Daddy the most.  It's very sweet.

You recently discovered your room :)  You love to crawl down the hallway and try to touch/pull on your fan, but after I tell you no and redirect you, you love to explore your room, especially the stuffed animals in the cradle Grandpa built and your rocking chair and stool from Nana.

We love you, Baby Boy.  So so much.
Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment