Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 4

Tuesday through Friday went on like any typical week...that is except for the daily naps, cramps, mood swings, and oh did I mention WEANING MYSELF OFF OF COFFEE??? But I must say, each of those little unpleasantries were followed by the sweet feeling of remembering why those things were happening. Without fail, my hand would drift down to my belly and I'd say a little prayer over the baby and smile.

Friday I was supposed to go back to the birthing center to get my second blood draw, but my car (which had to be taken to the dealership to get something or other fixed due to a recall) wasn't done in time. Naturally, I was very upset by this, mostly because I had been building it up in my mind all week long and wanted the reassurance of knowing that my hcG levels were increasing at the rate they were supposed to and that everything was okay with my pregnancy. I called Megan and cried, and then she distracted me with something or other and I was laughing before I knew it.

I then spent the evening laughing at Friends DVDs and ordering pregnancy books- What to Expect When You're Expecting, Your Pregnancy Week by Week, Belly Laughs, The Pregnancy Journal, and 10,000 Baby Names (I already have "The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy" because Jake's cousin Leah had sent it to me weeks ago). Not too shabby for Rachel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment